Diplomacy - Eastern European Commonwealth Sept 25, 2016 22:10:44 GMT
Post by Dmitry Molchanov on Sept 25, 2016 22:10:44 GMT
Current Relations: Eastern European Commonwealth
- Russia-Ukraine: Russia and Ukraine possess friendly ties due to helping to stomp out dissidence in pro-Russian supporters in the 2030s during the Summer Olympic Games in Berlin. While remaining neutral to the country, many Ukrainian people are beginning to wish to confederate with the Russian Federation due to Dmitry Molchanov's domestic and foreign policy. However, the majority of Ukrainians wish to remain independent of either side of Europe.
- Russia-Slovakia: Russia and Slovakia possess friendly ties due to historical significance with each other. While wishing to join the CSTO, they do not believe economic ties strong enough to support the CSTO.
- Russia-Hungary: Russia and Hungary possess neutral, but economically friendly relations with one-another, but no effort has been made by either country to confederate or join as military and economic allies.
- Russia-Croatia: Russia and Croatia possess very friendly ties with each other, and while no plans of confederation with the Russian Federation have been made as of yet, the Croatian people wish to possibly join the CSTO, or at least possess protection from it.
- Russia-Slovenia: Russia and Slovenia possess unfriendly ties with each other due to Slovenia being a former client of NATO. While President Molchanov would like for diplomatic ties to improve, his optimism could end up worsening relations between the two nations
As President Molchanov waited to meet with the members of the EEC, he began to twiddle his thumbs, hoping to see the current Chairman greet him before he discussed with Slovenia's and Croatia's leaders.
(OOC: The only reason I am doing this is because we have our volunteers. While I do not exactly like what must be done right now, as we gave two weeks of time to object or volunteer to be the politicians, the people have spoken, and we must do this...)