Round 4 Warzone Timeline Jul 18, 2016 20:25:50 GMT
Post by Omar Al-Ghazi on Jul 18, 2016 20:25:50 GMT
Timeline for the Rise of the Reds Warzone
Intro: This timeline should explain the timeline of the Rise of the Reds Warzone and why several things are present. It will start from the Global War on Terror and end in 2045.
- The first commercial fusion power plant is activated near the Niagara Falls. The energy it produces is fed into the power net of both the United States and Canada, who developed the reactor as a joint project.
- The GLA detonates a 5 kiloton tactical nuclear weapon during the PRC's 70th anniversary parade in Beijing. The later General Xing Chen is part of a rapid response force that is deployed to the scene. As a response to the GLA threat, the Party government re-institutionalizes the Red Guard as an auxiliary military and police force to complement the People's Liberation Army and inspire nationalist fervor.
- The GLA occupies the Hong Kong Convention Center and takes hundreds of civilian hostages. The fighting spreads throughout the entire Wan Chao district as Chinese forces move in to break the stalemate.
- The GLA launches an attack on the Three Gorges Dam. A Chinese Black Lotus operative issues the controversial order to destroy the dam, citing the swift destruction of the GLA as the more immediate concern. Despite a hasty evacuation attempt, thousands die as cities downriver are flooded by the wave. Chinese state propaganda claims that the dam itself was destroyed by the GLA in order to fan the revanchist fury of the population and prepare for a total mobilization of all military and industrial resources in the struggle ahead.
- Chinese forces narrowly prevent the GLA from pumping toxic chemicals into the Yangtze River.
- Chinese forces liberate the GLA-controlled city of Balykchy, Aldastan. The US Air Force launches strategic bombing raids to support the ground assault, destroying large parts of the city in the process.
- Chinese special forces led by a Black Lotus operative destroy a major railway bridge in Bishkek, Aldastan, crippling GLA logistics in the region in preparation for a decisive attack on the capital.
- Chinese forces assault Dushanbe, the capital of Aldastan. The GLA's Central Asian branch suffers a heavy blow after General Tsing Shi Tao receives the clearance to deploy tactical nuclear weapons.
- The aftershocks of the ongoing conflict result in a global economic downturn. The European Union is hit hard with France and the Balkan countries, which had only recently joined the Union, at the verge of bankruptcy.
- An American consumer electronics corporation introduces iSaac, a domestic robot with an abstractly humanoid appearance that is capable of performing a variety of household chores.
- The International Space Station is deorbited over the Pacific Ocean.
- GLA forces rally over the destruction of a vital dam in Chinese-controlled Shymkent, Kazakhstan.
- GLA raiders intercept UN aid deliveries near Almaty, Kazakhstan to fund their operations and incite public unrest.
- Violent protests against the Chinese and American operations in Kazakhstan escalate into a city-wide insurrection in Astana.
- The top-secret FB-40 Aurora aircraft is pushed into service by US Air Force as a fast strike bomber and suffers several catastrophic losses against GLA forces.
- With much of Europe destabilized after the economic collapse of Spain, Greece, Italy, Portugal, Slovenia and Cyprus in the previous decade, euro-skepticism and anti-capitalism are on the rise across the entire continent. Protests and violent clashes become a common reality, with the Paris Riots standing out as the bloodiest example by far. Most prominently, a left-wing extremist by the name of Tahar Ibrahiim becomes the target of a major manhunt after he sent poisoned letters to several politicians and financial executives.
- The first commercial vacuum tube train is activated between Miami and Ottawa.
- GLA forces mount a devastating attack against the US Incirlik Air Force Base in Turkey.
- US special forces launch an attack against the GLA-controlled ex-Soviet bio-chemical laboratories on Vozrozhdeniya, Kazakhstan.
- Bao Jin of the Chinese Ministry of State Security manipulates a Kazakh GLA leader to change sides, triggering a brief internal purge among GLA forces.
- The populist Hope and Glory Party wins the British general election by a landslide. The party rejects further concessions to the European Union and enacts a policy of increased cooperation with Ireland and other Commonwealth nations.
- Despite the troubled political situation, the EU governments sign the Treaty of Vienna which turns the European Union into a de jure federation. Civil rights activists express scathing criticism at the lack of fair democratic representation and dismiss the treaty as a last ditch effort at forcing all of Europe under a single authority. Over the following years, many EU regions in Spain, France and Italy break away in violent secession.
- Hundreds of thousands of refugees swarm into Europe due to the ongoing violence across Central Asia and the Middle East. Many of them end up in a socio-economic dead-end and develop pro-GLA sentiments.
- Anwar Sulaymaan gains the respect of Deathstrike by providing the GLA with a steady flow of income and weapons through international arms deals even in times of great hardships. Western intelligence agencies manage to trace some of the materiel back to Russia, whose government comes under pressure from its own people who regard the possible GLA collaboration as an affront to the country's national honor.
- Angered by the EU central government, the Free Republic of Bavaria breaks away from the Union Republic of Germany and survives thanks to a military mutiny involving Wolfgang von Kuerten, who refuses to mobilize against his own people.
- The first module of the Pennsylvania Space Station, then still operated by NASA and the Canadian Space Agency, is successfully launched into low Earth orbit on an Atlas V541 rocket.
- After a vicious battle against Chinese and American defenders, GLA forces occupy the Baikonur Cosmodrome and proceed to launch a series of Soyuz rockets tipped with various chemicals. The first missile hits the Israeli city of Tel Aviv, killing thousands and prompting the Israeli leadership to enact authoritarian policies for the protection of the state. As the country severs all contact with its neighbors, tensions in the Middle East reach an unprecedented peak.
- GLA forces topple the pro-American regime in Baghdad, prompting the US to commence their third attack on Iraq in order to restore strategic control around the Persian Gulf. Iran and Saudi Arabia are heavily involved in the fight via proxies.
- A US-led manhunt for GLA leaders in Al Hanad, Yemen goes awry. American special forces enter the city to rescue three pilots that had been shot down by the GLA.
- General Malcolm 'Ace' Granger provides aerial security for an American casualty evacuation in northern Kazakhstan.
- Jeremiah Bradley takes part in the USMC coastal assault on a GLA training camp at the Caspian Sea coast.
- GLA hardliners ambush and kill the entire UN delegation during a peace summit in Kazakhstan and destroy a nearby dam to cover their retreat. According to CIA intelligence dossiers, this is the first of many incidents of which the prime suspect would be the man known as Omar Al-Ghazi.
- Ismail Khan, a Chinese brigadier general from Xinjiang, defects to the GLA out of solidarity for the oppressed Uyghur people and is subsequently eliminated by the US military.
- Chinese General Ta Hun Kwai and Jeremiah Bradley mount a joint offensive on Akmola, the GLA-controlled capital of Kazakhstan, dealing a heavy blow to the organisation's Middle Eastern branch.
- The US Navy introduces its own jet-powered, carrier-capable gunship, the Spectre II, in order to provide a more immediate fire support solution than the aging AC-130.
- General Gregory 'Pinpoint' Townes presents the M1097 Avenger-L which replaces the aging anti-air missile system of the original vehicle with a state-of-the-art laser turret.
- With Russian forces unable to coordinate the operation in time, the American specialist Colonel Burton links up with a Chinese Black Lotus operative to destroy one of Dr. Thrax's toxin laboratories near Mount Elbrus, Russia. The US government speculates that the Russian government might be secretly aiding the GLA to further Russian interests in the Middle East. It becomes hinted later on that the terrorist leader is not alone in his operations, as hinted by many reports from a man known as "Omar Al-Ghazi."
- The GLA launches a Soyuz rocket at a US naval base in Narvik, Norway. After a failed counter-attack on the Baikonour Cosmodrome by the Russian Army, which was ordered by Moscow as a token gesture to disassociate itself from the GLA, a task force of American and Norwegian forces puts an end to the GLA occupation by dropping a GBU-43/B directly onto the launch pad.
- US forces deliver a decisive blow against a GLA cell in Mogadishu, Somalia, revealing disturbing intel about the elusive Dr. Thrax, who supplies the organisation with advanced bio-chemical weapons, including a modified strain of the Anthrax virus. The intel reveals that Dr. Thrax is not working alone, and confirms earlier intelligence on the man known as Omar Al-Ghazi, who acts as a protege and lab assistant to the elusive terrorist.
- The violent crisis in the Persian Gulf escalates after the United States accuse the Iranian government of collaborating with Dr. Thrax in an attempt to manufacture bio-chemical weapons for use against the West. US and Saudi forces invade Iran which retaliates by launching coordinated attacks against the desalination facilities that supply the Arabian Peninsula with drinkable water. The result is an unprecedented humanitarian disaster which plunges the entire Middle East into total anarchy. It is later found that the operation was conducted by Omar Al-Ghazi, who threatened the Iranian government with blackmail if they didn't cooperate.
- The US track Dr. Thrax to a still classified location in the Middle East with leaked intelligence reports and initiate a kill-or-capture operation, which eventually results in the death of the GLA's top-ranking bio-chemical scientist. While his protege is nowhere to be found, his bunker beneath the main base is uncovered, and it is revealed that Omar was involved in immoral and disturbing experiments revolving around the concept of human fear.
- Despite economic troubles and growing civil discontent at the Kremlin's possible backing of the GLA, the Russian military introduces the first production model of the Sentinel tank. The new super-heavy tank will not see combat until the adoption of its second, more refined version a decade later.
- At this year's Eurosatory exposition, the German defense company KMW unveils an entirely new main battle tank, the Leopard 3. Despite its cutting edge technology, the new tank remains a non-seller for several years with even Germany itself being unable to procure large numbers of it due to the desolate financial situation in Europe.
- General Mohmar "Deathstrike," the leader of the GLA, avoids capture by US forces and rallies his supporters in the aftermath of the GLA's apparent defeat after eight years of fighting.
- GLA loyalists under the command of Anwar Sulaymaan violently persuade Prince Kassad, leader of the break-away Cobra Cell, to renew his allegiance to Deathstrike by decimating his ranks in Egypt. It is later assumed by CIA intelligence that Omar Al-Ghazi may have been behind Prince Kassad's betrayal.
- GLA operatives hijack an American Particle Cannon Uplink and destroy CVN-76 USS Ronald Reagan aircraft carrier off the coast of Crete, Greece. Almost 5,000 US Navy crew members die within minutes, 3,000 of which died instantly, dealing a fatal morale blow to the American home front. Radiation released from the ship's nuclear reactors force the evacuation of Crete. Much of the Mediterranean Fleet is also destroyed. The attack itself is found to be a joint operation by Anwar Sulaymaan and Omar Al-Ghazi by the CIA, but when they attempt to corner and aprehend them in Crete, the two generals are found to have left, with surviving members of the USS Ronald Reagan suffering from the combined effects of radiation sickness and a combination of various chemicals.
- GLA sleeper cells stage a daring raid on the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in California, recovering confiscated samples of the Anthrax Gamma virus developed by Dr. Thrax. The city of Livermore is leveled by intentional fire, and the civilian populace is victimized by genocide.
- In an unprecedented cyber-attack on CIA archives on Omar Al-Ghazi, the information regarding him and his twisted experiments is declassified to the public, resulting in panic at the fact that the US military wasn't able to capture all of Dr. Thrax's assets.
- The GLA attacks the USEUCOM headquarters in Stuttgart, Germany, prompting the American Paulson Administration to cave in to its war-weary and crisis-stricken population and hurriedly withdraw most of its overseas forces.
- After the US retreat, the GLA expends all manpower and resources to trigger an insurrection in Germany, the economic heart of the troubled European Union. The helpless EU central government calls upon the Chinese military to intervene.
- In an attempt to deliver a hard blow against the Chinese homeland, GLA forces ordered by Omar Al-Ghazi launch an attack on a new nuclear power plant that was built after the destruction of the Three Gorges Dam but fail to cause any serious damage.
- China deploys large contingents of troops to free several German cities from the brutal but unsustainable grip of the GLA, causing drastic damage to the vital infrastructure through the indiscriminate use of incendiary weapons.
- Tahar Ibrahiim joins the GLA and makes a dramatic entrance by dumping several tons of hazardous chemicals into the Rhine river system, rendering large swathes of western Germany uninhabitable, with estimates stating that it could take until 2060 or even 2070 to flush out all of the hazardous materials. The Chinese MSS (Ministry of State Security) assumes that Ibrahiim has been involved with Omar Al-Ghazi, and the Chinese military begins to launch a manhunt against the terrorist and his supposed co-conspirator.
- The 18-year-old Frank Jaeger loses his parents as a result of the GLA chemical attack and forms the 'Wolfsrudel', an urban guerrilla group of students who fight against the GLA.
- Unable to hold out against the Chinese, GLA forces fall back towards their main base of operations in Hamburg, Germany while the Chinese Air Force performs relentless attacks on the retreating enemies, turning the famous Autobahn into a highway of death.
- After half a year of fighting, Chinese forces under General 'Anvil' Shin Fai converge on Hamburg. Prior to his departure, Deathstrike orders Rodall Juhziz' Scorpion Cell to obliterate the city with a 10 megaton strategic nuclear warhead. Both Juhziz and Fai perish in the explosion, along with thousands of civilians. It is assumed that Deathstrike was influenced by Omar Al-Ghazi to order the nuclear weapon's detonation as a desperate attempt to keep a foothold on European soil, but to no avail.
- The United States have withdrawn all their overseas forces and China has put an end to the GLA insurrection that swept across Central Europe. While the 'invasion' never had any chances of lasting success, it managed to kill, injure, and dislocate millions, destroyed the urban infrastructure of major economic centers and polluted large swathes of land through chemical and nuclear attacks. The Global War on Terror would become the most widely controversial war on all sides fighting against the GLA, due to a liberal use of WMDs and super-weapon systems, as well as a wide disregard for civilian infrastructure by all sides.
- With the EU on the brink of total collapse, military cadres and popular revolutionaries seize the opportunity to dis-empower the scattered central government in an effort to restore the sovereignty of their nations. French protesters assault the Elysée Palace and proclaim the Sixth Republic, the Dutch royal family takes over interim positions after the resignation of the government and the German four-party Europakoalition is arrested by the military.
- China and the new European coup leaders form the Eurasian Unity League (EUL): a Chinese Marshall Plan for the broken economy of Europe. China lends cheap credits in exchange for military bases on EU territory while providing guidance in the reconstruction of infrastructure, armed forces and domestic security agencies.
- Captain Willem van der Meer is deployed to Germany for disaster relief, pioneer works and explosives disposal.
- After years of political turmoil and economic decay, Nikolai Suvorov of the Novorossiya Party becomes the new President of the Russian Federation. He openly declares his goals to be the elimination of all infighting and corruption and 'to create a new Eurasian hegemony with Mother Russia at its helm'. Western analysts dismiss the popular leader as an ineffectual, chest-thumping mouthpiece of post-Soviet oligarchy placed in charge of what is essentially a borderline failed state.
- During the inspection of a military research facility, President Suvorov is impressed by the revolutionary directed energy weapons of Nikita Ivanovich Aleksandr, a military engineer stationed at Mt. Yamantau, who is subsequently put in charge of the Advanced Weapons R&D Corps.
- The EU uses the Chinese funds to buy large amounts of fossil fuels and raw materials from Russia, which invests the newfound wealth to overhaul its own infrastructure, educational system, and military, triggering a period of great economic growth in Russia and establishing Suvorov as a smart statesman with the appeal of a film star.
- After the withdrawal of the US forces from many of its overseas clients, North Korea invades South Korea. Thanks to political and material support from China, the North manages to push the South all the way down to the 35th parallel, where the battle degenerates into a vicious tug-of-war that would continue for several years.
- The first components of the Chinese East Star Space Station are brought into orbit aboard a Long March 3B rocket.
- Despite evidence of the contrary, US intelligence agencies and media pundits decry President Suvorov is an ineffectual mouthpiece of the old elites and erroneously predict the Chinese as America's main future adversaries.
- After an outrageous scandal, the Chinese General Leang is discharged from command of a Special Weapons division in the Himalayas. The scandal itself is controversial in nature, but many speculate that Leang had not only taken bribes from the GLA during the Global War on Terror, but had even bribed United States troops to work with China, leading to a downturn on China's reputation among the other world powers. The young, recently commissioned General Hu Tan Mau takes over thanks to the political connections of his father, the industrialist Xudong Mau, and proceeds to restore the unit to proper standard.
- With the EU central institutions rapidly disintegrating, the government of Serbia is removed by a group of irredentist military officers who form a strategic alliance with Russia and proceed to annex large parts of former Yugoslavia into a new federal state.
- Having long been fed up with the empowerment of the now-weakened Brussels central government, the nations of Eastern Europe seize the opportunity to break away from the Union and turn to Russia as a future strategic partner and protector, joining the CSTO (Collective Security Treaty Organization) as a result. The Federation, newly liberalized and increasingly prosperous as a result of Suvorov’s effective policies, gladly steps in, allowing the smaller nations to benefit from its rapidly growing economy. Soon, Eastern Europe finds itself on the same level of development as Russia itself and drifts away from the EU sphere of influence.
- Several high-ranking US Air Force officers, most prominently General Malcolm Granger, take the fall for the terrible performance of the Aurora strike bomber during the war. Eugene Griffon is promoted to General of the Air Combat Command.
- Snubbed by the nations of western Europe, Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia merge many resorts of their governments and form the Baltic Commonwealth to represent their interest in front of the resurgent Russian Federation. What starts as an awkward dialogue soon develops into a profitable alliance in the CSTO.
- The Greater Asian Peoples Alliance (GAPA) is formed on behalf of China and includes Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand and Myanmar. At the same time, Mongolia is peacefully absorbed into the People's Republic after many years of mutual cooperation. The GAPA is largely seen as a mere puppet of Beijing and acts as a buffer to the economic downturn that China managed to delay for the duration of the war after the GLA attacked Beijing, Hong Kong, and the Three Gorges Dam.
- The Hammer, a trilogy of PLA-funded war movies detailing the exploits of the propaganda hero Xing Chen, is filmed back-to-back and released, landing a large hit at the Chinese box office while American critics dismiss it as a trite propaganda piece but acknowledge the impressive production values.
- As part of the reorganization of Europe, the European Broadcasting Union is transformed into the European Communications Agency Network (ECAN) which is a tight-knit collaboration of various telecom companies, news agencies and public broadcasting services.
- With the country isolated and threatened by economic collapse, the US government has to make far-reaching cuts to the overflowing military budget. Several future weapon systems are scrapped, and the Navy has to mothball or sell many of its vessels, mainly older vessels dating back to the 1980s.
- After a Senate hearing regarding his out-of-control R&D budget, General Townes revolts against the closure of his laser projects and briefly locks down his base at Redwood Shores, California, before being arrested by his second in command.
- The M2A4, an ad-hoc upgrade of the aging Bradley IFV, is forced upon the US Marine Corps. Despite initial complaints, the Corps soon develops a hate-love relationship to the vehicle as it proves to be very reliable in combat.
- Much to the chagrin of the other branches, the US Air Force makes it through the budget cuts and doctrine changes largely unscathed thanks to the brokering of General Eugene Griffon.
- Deathstrike dies unceremoniously at the hands of an unknown assassin, throwing the GLA into a power struggle and diminishing its global presence. Anwar Sulaymaan is then assassinated as well, leading many to believe Omar Al-Ghazi to be a prime suspect, with a motive to liquidate all previous GLA assets and reorganize and reunite the GLA under his own banner. Seemingly out of the blue, the suspect returns to the world scene and embarks on a quest to re-unite the organisation under his rule. Due to being disunited and busy among itself, the GLA soon disappears from the perception of both the general public and intelligence agencies.
- Prince Kassad once again betrays the GLA after apparently finding information in regards to Omar Al-Ghazi. Before he can release the information publicly, Kassad is assassinated via ricin in his drink. Afterwards, Cobra Cell is disbanded and its surviving members and equipment are absorbed by the rest of the GLA.
- After three ineffectual administrations in less than five years, Kevin O'Connor is elected as the new President of the United States. His economic policies manage to produce a positive turnaround for the United States.
- In an attempt to regain economic momentum, the United States propose the foundation of the North American Union (NAU) to Mexico and Canada, a controversial move which helps to stop the economic downturn and restore America's standing in the world.
- Juergen Burkhard, the former head of the European Domestic Security Directorate, is sentenced to life imprisonment by a court in The Hague after issuing the order to employ deadly force against anti-EU protesters in the wake of the insurrection.
- British Prime Minister Susan Adams welcomes the verdict and expresses the support of her government for the creation of a new European community while the last remains of the EU institutions are being wrapped up. In the same vain, however, the United Kingdom enters a "Brexit" into the EU, which gains surprising momentum and ends with the United Kingdom leaving the organization.
- In order to restore the country's territorial defense capabilities, the German Army begins with the procurement of several Leopard 3A1 tanks, Tiger II attack helicopters, and Jagdmammut tank destroyers.
- Japan intervenes on behalf of the South Koreans and manages to turn the tide in their favour, resulting in the defeat of the DPRK and the creation of the United Republic of Korea.
- The Prague Treaty is signed to reconstitute the remains of the European Union into the European Continental Alliance, a firm but strictly limited alliance of eighteen sovereign nation states.
- The Treaty includes the formation of a joint military task force: the European Continental Army. As a result, the Europeans put a predicable end to both the EURA and the Chinese security agreement, prompting the PLA to withdraw from Europe.
- In order to provide the ECA with strategic bombing capabilities in times of need, Bomber Command makes a reappearance as a distinct entity within the British Royal Air Force, along with a refurbished model of the Cold War era Vulcan bomber.
- The ECA enacts strict limits and quotas on immigration and secures its land border with a fortified wall, pejoratively dubbed the Concrete Curtain by the Eastern European countries that are now left out. Willem van der Meer is involved in the construction.
- The Russian action movie Red Squadron becomes a summer blockbuster in Russia and a few other countries after Hollywood had to tighten its belt in the wake of the downturn and produced works that reflected the zeitgeist of the post-GWOT era in a more modest and introspective way, often exploring the consequences of economic failure and military adventurism.
- In the 2034 Russian Presidential Elections, President Suvorov is accused by his opponent, Andrey Voronov, of taking bribes from the Russian government. After heated debates and proof criticizing Suvorov of his policies, despite their success with the economy, Andrey Voronov is elected as the new President, and a close friend of his, Dmitry Molchanov, is placed in as Prime Minister. The pair begin to work on revitalizing the Russian government with changes to the Constitution and the stomping out of corruption within it. Multiple assassination attempts begin on the new President's life for such major changes, but that only invigorates him further.
- The US Air Force demonstrates its new financial and doctrinal supremacy by introducing the AC-17 Spectre III, the most heavily armed and lethal American gunship ever built, which is armed with a 155mm howitzer, a dual GAU-12 Equalizer cannon, and Maverick air-to-ground missiles.
- The provisional military government of the restored Federal Republic of Germany suspends the emergency acts and holds a democratic election, transferring control to the first civilian government after the collapse of the EU.
- Wary of the resurgent power of the United States, the South American Pact (SAP) is founded under the leadership of Brazil to strengthen the position of Latin America on the global market. Violent criminals and political extremists threaten the new alliance.
- As a general trend, 'classical' nuclear power falls increasingly out of favor world-wide except for China, where an entire dozen new reactors are under construction. In an effort to obtain total self-sustainability, the European Space Agency and CERN commence development of the Solaris energy project.
- Due to his declining health, President O'Connor resigns before the end of his first term. Donovan Giordano is elected as the new President and continues the policies of his predecessor.
- Japanese Prime Minister Kazuya Shimada surprises the entire world with his famous genuflection in Seoul, which becomes the symbol of reconciliation and a new bond between Korea and Japan.
- Originally scheduled for 2028 but cancelled due to the crisis, the Olympic Summer Games are hosted in Berlin, Germany, precisely one hundred years after the games of 1936, which happened during the Nazi reign. The humble but dignified opening ceremony places an emphasis on the modernity, but also the newfound self-confidence of the Federal Republic which has finally come to terms with its own national identity.
- On a tragic note, the Games are overshadowed by violent clashes between pro-Western and pro-Russian forces in Ukraine. Persident Voronov pledges support to the pro-Russian Donetsk Republic that formed in the East of the country way back in 2014 during the First Separatists Crisis, and sends General Leonid Zhukov to assist. The battle is quickly decided, and much of the eastern Oblasts are annexed into the Russian Federation; however, Zhukov loses his son in one of the war's last pointless skirmishes. European politicians draw comparisons to the German annexation of Austria and Czechoslovakia in the years leading up to World War II.
- After Supreme Commander Jürgen Adler, the first one to be elected, makes several controversial decisions for the ECA, such as employing military police to quell riots and targeting politicians that go against his word, the European Continental Alliance is seen by the public as a blatant attempt to control them economically and militarily: a second European Union.
- On the brink of collapse, Jürgen Adler retires as Supreme Commander of the European Continental Alliance, due to not being able to take the pressures of being a politician, and returns to the European Continental Army as a technician. With Europe on the brink of collapse, yet again, world prepares for the worst.
- The United Kingdom steps in with a solution to Europe's problems in what would become the historic Berlin Convention. The solution is what becomes known as the "Anglo-European Defense Pact": a military defense pact for Europe where the United Kingdom gives up its armed forces and pools it into a new European Continental Army. Free from any political control, even by the Monarch of the United Kingdom, the Anglo-European Defense Pact insures that the European Continental Army defends European interests by being paid a small percentage of the participating members' military funds, where they can then buy the weapons off of the global market to use. All of the participating ECA members agree, and each country becomes fully independent, with their own currencies and the European Continental Army at their beck and call.
- Inspired by the events in Ukraine, the troubled Republic of Belarus holds a public referendum and joins the Russian Federation.
- In a wholly unexpected move that baffles the international community and leads to heated discussions at the virtually powerless UN in New York, the AEDP initiates Operation Nemesis: a massive retaliatory invasion against the North African countries that supported the GLA insurrection. The invasion is followed by the creation of a new Maghreb Union and an elaborate package of infrastructure development, humanitarian aid, and modern education in an effort to establish an anti-GLA sentiment in North Africa and ensure European control of the Mediterranean Sea.
- Generals Wolfgang von Kuerten and Charles Cutting embark on several joint operations against GLA holdouts in the Sahel region and win some of the ECA's most acclaimed military victories despite their vastly different attitudes and leadership styles.
- The European Continental Army indoctrinates its first Supreme Commander since the fall of the ECA: Field Marshall Sir Archibald Basil Stanford: a former member of the British Army whose own military expertise is widely regarded by the European Continental Army's mainstay of British forces.
- After years of free reign across the vital shipping routes in the Gulf of Aden, GLA pirate gangs are forced out of Somalia by a full-scale Chinese military invasion and occupation.
- The light-weight Crusader II is introduced as the new expeditionary tank of the US military. It is met with positive reactions from the Marine Corps for its amphibious features and rapid deployability.
- With North Africa opened to European enterprises, the world witnesses a global rush for the continent's precious resources. America, China and Russia soon follow, dividing Africa among their respective client states.
- In an attempt to improve its international image, China spearheads an international ban on neutron weapons, resulting in the signing of the Budapest Accords. General Tsing Shi Tao resigns from service and goes into retirement.
- Europe's first solar-fusion reactor, powered by the satellite Comas Solà, is activated in Granada, Spain. The facility produces enough energy to supply both Spain and Portugal.
- A few months later, another pair of satellites is activated: Cassini provides energy for France, Belgium and the Netherlands while Kepler is used to power the joint reactor of Germany and Denmark.
- With Europe becoming increasingly independent from foreign energy thanks to its own renewable sources, many long-standing fuel treaties with Russia are cancelled, putting a strain on the Federation's economy and the diplomatic relations between the two powers. The demand for Russian resources decreases over the coming years, signalling the impending end of the country's economic boom. Furthermore, military observers point out that Solaris could potentially be used as an orbital strike weapon capable of threatening Russia's cities and nuclear stockpiles.
- Seeing what President Voronov's policies are doing to Russia, Prime Minister Molchanov sees the end of his term as an opportunity to start improvement on Russia's infrastructure and to reboot its economy. In the months of the election, Dmitry rejoins Voronov for another election year, but this time with him as the candidate for election.
- The third batch of Solaris satellites is activated: Newton provides energy for the United Kingdom and Ireland while Copernicus is linked to the joint reactor of Poland and the Czech Republic.
- In a surprising and disturbing series of attacks on small towns across the world, Omar Al-Ghazi, having returned with a new face, threatens the world with a demonstration of a new aerosol-based toxin that causes severe psychological trauma and intense visual and auditory hallucination. Claiming that these attacks are but child's play, Omar warns the world to abandon their African allies or severe consequences will follow.
- Omar's army occupies large swathes of Central Africa, forcibly disbanding several countries and claiming the land as the first GLA nation, which is treated as Terra Nullius by the international community. Strangely though, Omar vanishes again into thin air, not to be seen among GLA ranks again.
- With a safe, uncontested foothold in Central Africa, the GLA proceeds to absorb the remnants of local tribal and military forces, gaining access to crude fighter planes and helicopters while building an economy around the production and trade of drugs, diamonds and oil.
- President Giordano wins a narrow victory over his opponent William Bradford, who calls for a strategic re-evaluation of the US/China relations and a tougher response to Russia's recent expansionism.
- The discovery of a Russian research base in Chinese-aligned North Sudan prompts a global outcry. In an attempt to appease the hawks in Washington, President Giordano proposes a military pact between China and the NAU, resulting in the creation of the Pacific Peace Alliance (PPA).
- Nikita Aleksandr, the head of the facility, organizes the defense of the research base, ordering in GRU forces and several Airborne Divisions to help defend it. The Russian military succeeds against seemingly impossible odds thanks to superior weapons and tactics, and the PPA breaks apart after a series of political assassinations while Aleksandr's "tesla tank" prototype is unveiled to the world for the first time. Sadly, Aleksandr's victory is short-lived, as President Dmitry puts the project in cold storage and cuts funding to any future projects under Aleksandr's watch for the moment, reevaluating the scientist's usefulness in North Sudan before returning him to Moscow. This move ends up with an attempt on Dmitry's life directly after Aleksandr's return to Moscow. Seeing this as treason, he has Aleksandr sent to "Black Dolphin Prison" and has GRU confiscate any work that he had created and place it into cold storage.
- After almost a decade in hiding, the rearmed, reunited, and reorganized GLA rises in Central Africa. What starts out as a series of attacks on Russian forces in South Sudan soon escalates into a theater-wide insurrection. Elements of the European Continental Army are sent to mount a diversionary attack to relieve the Russians. The Federation, still weakened by its costly victory over the PPA, suffers heavy losses and is forced to let the Europeans do their work for them. Russian national pride takes a major blow, and economic development comes to a crashing hold for even the mere mention of being "too weak to fight." For the first time, the "Power Couple of Russia" see themselves threatened by immense dissent and opposition. The government begins to channel the populace's aggression towards the NAU and China on Voronov's orders, disheartening Dmitry to see his work to bring the world together beginning to crumble.
Closing: If you have any questions or concerns, please PM Zhang Ping either here or on Skype to discuss certain changes to the timeline or additions that are required. Now, go...
- A Russian expeditionary force enters South America on request of the struggling SAP in a haphazard attempt to restore confidence in the military and acquire new trading opportunities. The rebel uprisings are crushed within a year by a combination of pure brutality on the military's part and forced diplomacy on Dmitry's part. The SAP rewards Russia with plentiful resources and the privilege to set up military installations in South America, but the economic stimulus manifests itself in baby-steps.
- A malfunctioning Solaris satellite crashes in the Alaskan wilderness near the city of Anchorage. Russian Airborne Forces and French 2e REP paratroopers are dispatched to recover and scuttle the wreckage respectively. A brief three-way skirmish ensues when elements of the Alaska National Guard arrive to investigate. The following diplomatic battle severely damages the already-strained relationships between Russia, Europe, and the NAU.
- Senator John F. Kennedy II makes headlines in American newspapers when he announces his candidacy for President under the Democratic Party. Donald Trump Jr, son of the infamous Donald Trump of the early 21st Century, runs against the "Prodigal Son of the Kennedy Legacy," resulting in an election that garners attention from all of the world's major powers, mainly that of Russia from Trump Jr.
- In a remarkable landslide victory against Trump Jr. and his policies against immigration and Russian power, John Fitzgerald Kennedy II becomes the new President of the United States, and vows to make great strides and changes in the face of the "Third Cold War," resulting in Russian outrage that the United States started the conflict by invading the sanctity of a research lab.
- Russia goes through one of the hottest, driest summers in its recent history, resulting in large forest fires and a near-total country-wide crop failure. Government officials openly blame European Solaris satellites, calling them "a nefarious weapon of mass destruction in the guise of a power source." European politicians dismiss the claims as "ridiculous slander" and blame Russia’s heavy reliance on coal and oil as a major contributor to climate change. Meanwhile, SAP-cooperation fails to revitalize the Russian economy. Hunger revolts and violent clashes between Russians and Chinese immigrants in the Far East threaten national unity. Dmitry orders preparations for "national self-defense," boosting armor and aircraft reserves to several thousand, and despite his protests against it, state propaganda puts the population into a fighting frenzy while the military is ordered on high-alert. Dmitry declares that the coming events will either make or break the future of the Russian nation, while threatening the Europeans to shut down their Solaris relays above Russian soil or they will shoot them down themselves.
- The Russian Armed Forces unveil a new MBT known as the T-40AM "Triglav": a tank that is the first of its kind to use an electromagnetic rail-gun as the firing mechanism. Coupled with the already-existing "Golem" and "Sentinel" tanks, as well as other military developments such as the ASShAP-45-30 "rocket rifle" and the prototype Object-1162 "Perun," the Russian Federation appears to be gearing for war. At the same time, Russian forces prepare the Russian military for mobilization against its "enemies," while President Molchanov desperately tries to find a way to avert war and rebuild Russia's economy.
- In preparation for when and if Russia declares war, the Anglo-European Defense Pact's participating states, mainly that of Germany, Poland, Hungary, and other countries bordering the neutral states in Eastern Europe or Russian-allied states start the funding of a great defensive front, which becomes jokingly known as the "Concrete Curtain." At the same time, European High Command, led by Supreme Commander Archibald Stanford, is preparing for a push into Terra Nulius to wipe the GLA out once and for all.
- While minor terrorist incursions are found in Africa, without a uniting leader, the Global Liberation Army has been uncharacteristically quiet. However, rumors suggest that the GLA may have a new leader yet, and that its old one watches from the shadows.
- While the Peoples' Republic of China retains its national identity as the economic powerhouse of the world, it has shrunk its influence on the GAPA and has tried to start isolating themselves from Russia, as not to incur war with them. Only recently has the new Premier, Wang Xi Jintao, made any form of contact outside of the country.
- The North American Union, under the leadership of President John F. Kennedy II, has returned from political isolation from the world through opening diplomatic terms with the Russian Federation and Anglo-European Defense Pact once more. At the helm of the diplomatic tension, the agenda of the United States and NAU with the Russian Federation and CSTO is to avert another World War and calm the tensions of the Russian people.
- The South American Pact, while quiet, watches on as the major powers of the world get feisty. Under the new leadership of Mendoza Chávez, however, the South American Pact looks to become more active on the global stage and prove its power to the North American Union.
- After a UN meeting set up by President Dmitry Molchanov ends with inconclusive results on the case regarding Solaris, Russia turns its attention to China and its new Premier with aggressive military exercises and movements along the Chinese-Russian border, with the reasoning being that China accused and threatened Russia during the meeting. To keep the SAP's economic allies from going to war over simple accusations, President Chávez calls a meeting between both parties, and both agree to a non-aggression pact, and the Russian military stands down.
- In a bold gamble between Presidents Kennedy and Molchanov, the Russian Federation and North American Union enter a military alliance based on the simple choice of picking either an eraser or paperclip at the UN Security Summit. While President Kennedy contacted Dmitry on his own terms, both leaders were proud to announce their new allegiance and the hopeful dousing of post-Cold War flames.
- After a major security leak compromises the secret discovery of one of Omar Al-Ghazi's bunkers and human experimentation taking place within, the Russian Federation begins a full military-wide search for the whistle-blower to bring him to justice. Not a few weeks later, Omar Al-Ghazi hacks multiple public broadcasting networks and leaves a code for the various nations of the world to figure out. While it's figured out on the same day to be an attack on Venice, the attack occurs anyways, and Omar Al-Ghazi fortifies Venice. After a short skirmish between AEDP special forces, Omar's mercenaries are either captured or killed, but Omar Al-Ghazi's reappearance into the world makes him a dangerous threat once more.
- The United Republic of Korea, after being neglected by the NAU, decides to follow in China's diplomatic agreements and joins the Greater Asian People's Alliance. This threatens the Japanese government, who pleads to the mainland NAU for assistance in the matter, but no response is given. Not long after Korea joins the GAPA, a revolution in Pyongyang to rebuild the now-defunct Democratic Peoples' Republic of Korea, led by GLA partisans in the region, begins and is swiftly taken down in force.
- After a battle in the Zone between a supply convoy to the Kurmuk Research & Development Facility goes awry and the failed rebellion in Korea stretches into the Russian Federation, President Dmitry Molchanov officially declares war against terrorism, and the GLA by extension, and starts setting up controversial military plans to bring down the organization in Terra Nullius. This results in an outcry from the international community, who demands he disclose his plans. He agrees, and a U.N. summit is set up to deal with the matter and the controversial plan itself.
- After Anglo-European Defense Pact forces invade into the Zone for the first time since the end of the African Resource Rush, they are pushed out a week later by GLA defenders, leading to one of the most embarrassing defeats of the AEDP's existence. However, in their defeat, they had claimed thousands of prisoners of war for questioning and interrogation on the Global Liberation Army. However, due to the operation to invade the Zone being enacted during the UN meeting to disclose information on Russia's plans for the Zone, many theorists believe that Archibald was doing so to spite President Molchanov more than anything.
- After months of silence from all fronts, conflict strikes again when the Russian Federation is attacked by cyber-warfare agents at the Kurmuk Research & Development Facility. The goal of the attack was to gain control over the Tremor Advanced Grand Artillery System stationed in the area. Whether or not this attack was made by the GLA had yet to be confirmed, but only weeks later, GLA defectors turned themselves over to Kurmuk revealed the supposed location of Omar Al-Ghazi. Acting immediately, Russian Airborne Forces were sent to the area to deal with the matter. Omar Al-Ghazi is taken back to Moscow for trial on behalf of the United Nations, but in a strange set of circumstances, Omar Al-Ghazi enacts one final act against the world by killing himself in a chemical attack in Moscow. The terrorist is now believed dead, although many believe that Omar has faked his death, and will return.
- Despite the increasing tensity of relations between Russia and Pact-backing countries in Europe, President Molchanov and Supreme Commander Stanford agree to a full cease-and-desist of diplomatic communications and take efforts to limit communication between their nations and urge their allies to do the same. Exercises along the Polish-Russian border increase daily, and evacuation drills are set up by the Russian Federation after the full reformation of the 1st Guards Tank Army, now listed as the 1st Guards "Ursa" Tank Army, or "Ursa Divisions."
- Russo-Sino relations worsen as President Molchanov accuses the People's Republic of China of being involved in the Kurmuk cyber attack, and in clear violation of the non-aggression pact set up between the two nations. While Premier Jintao denies the accusation on a basis of "lack of evidence," President Molchanov is not so certain as to trust his word, and instigates an investigation into the matter.
- With the Russian election about to go into full swing, President Molchanov announces his desire to rerun for the position of President. But, his opponents are many, including Nikolai Suvorov — now running for President on behalf of United Russia — Prime Minister Andrey Voronov — supposedly running for the Syndicalists — and Artyom Romanov of House Romanov, who announced his desire to run for the Presidency back in July of 2045.
Closing: If you have any questions or concerns, please PM Zhang Ping either here or on Skype to discuss certain changes to the timeline or additions that are required. Now, go...
COMMAND & CONQUER